This short movie is my third film using sand, with a mix of frame by frame animation (traditional animation under camera) and live sand drawing (usually for shows and performances).
Some videos from StopGavage.com inspired me to show violence behind nice ads. A small pleasure like “foie gras” causes great sufferings for ducks and geese in stockbreedings and slaughter-houses.
To help stop force feeding, please don’t buy any “foie gras” (fat liver) and sign a manifesto: http://www.stopgavage.com/en/manife...
- A film by David Myriam
- French original title: Mangez Buvez Gavez
- In partnership with Stop Gavage: www.stopgavage.com
- Sound track and original music: Gérard Bonnotte
- Duration: 09:40 (with generic)
- End of production: October 2009
- Technical: sand animation and live sand drawing, full HD 1920x1080, colour, stereo, 16/9
This independent movie is available freely for non-commercial use. You can download it for private use, project it for non profit event, use it in a activist way on the street or on the Web…
- It’s not Food, picture from the movie
Festivals and screenings
- Screening on "Télé Bocal": April 18, 2014 (TNT & adsl Box)
- Media library of Pont en Royans, France, December 21, 2013, for short film event "Le Jour le Plus Court"
- Goethe Institut: screening in Kiev in April 2013, with festival Interfilm Berlin
- Shortsattack 2011, Germany, "Nature Calling"
- Festival Interfilm: "Green Screen" section , November 2011
- At Festival Normandie in Evreux France, 2011, It’s not food win the public price
- Animation Film Festival "Be There!" in Corfu, Greece, April 2011
- Festival International du Film Nature et Environnement: December 1st 2010, Grenoble, France
- Paris, "Café de Paris", screening on September 3th, 2010, with CollectifProd
- Festival Pirandello: June 2010, The Netherlands, about "Slow Food" theme
- Festival "Coup de Prod." : May 8yh, 2010, during "Festival des Très Courts", L’Arbresle (France, 69)
- Festival du film militant du pays d’Aubagne, October 2009
It’s not food! is screening on the Web: