Midnight Blue VOD
At Last! no more need to move to the other side of the world or France to see my film at a festival, it is now available on VOD on Rendez-vous-tv:
This sand drawing film was conducted without a budget or grants, the money from VOD will be used to repay a portion of the costs of production and distribution, thanks for your help.
This ecological tale takes us to the heart of the underwater world, between night and light, following the rhythm of a whale’s meditations, a privileged witness of human activity on the oceans.
- 2013 :: Midnight Blue :: Sand drawing film
History of the birth of the film
I imagined this film after creation of two live sand drawing performances for the Festival Musica Nigella in 2011, with music by Crumb and Natsuda .
The theme of the concert was "The Secret Life of Oceans" , and I was inspired dramas including the Japanese tsunami and Fukushima nuclear disaster , and the 2010 oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico after the explosion of the Deepwater Horizon oil platform operated by BP .
For the first time , I used blue sand , which corresponded well to the diving atmosphere.
- 2013 :: Midnight Blue :: Sand drawing film
Thereafter, I imagined a storyboard inspired by these performances , adding other elements , including the issue of fishing and fish consumption.
Once editing advanced , on the advice of productor Citron Bien & Hélène Ducrocq , I wrote a poem to give another dimension to the film.
For the first time , I created a movie with lyrics.
Gérard Bonnotte then harmonized its original musical composition with this poem.
The film was completed in June 2013.
- 2014 :: Midnight Blue :: price for Yound Audience + nomination, Festival "Des Courts en Hiver", Porto Vecchio
Festivals and screenings
- Winter 2016 and Spring 2017: screenings with Festina Lente sailing festival (Morocco, Canary Islands, Cape Verde ...)
- November 2016 : Voices from the Waters Festival, Bangalore, India
- June 2015: Festival "Plein La Bobine", La Bourboule, France
- May 16 & June 09, 2015: "Green Movies" in Time in Jazz festival, Berchidda, Sardinia
- April 18-19, 2015 :: Hong Kong-San Francisco International Ocean Film Festival, with Ocean Recovery Alliance
- April 12-17 :: The International "Water en Film" Events, IWFE, for short film official competition, South Korea
- April 14-18, 2015 :: Skepto Festival, Cagliari, Italy
- March 28 :: "Mali Tout Court" Festival, Lyon, France
- March 27-29, 2015 :: Green Image Film Festival, Japan
- March 22, 2015 :: screening for the World Water Day, with Cramades Union waters, St Flour, France
- December 20, 2014 :: screening at "cinéma le Navire" fort the event "The shortest day"
- December 2014 : festival "III Muestra medioambiental", Lanzarote, Canarias, Spain
- October 16-19, 2014: Zebra Poetry Film Festival, Berlin, Germany
- October 8-12, 2014: Ecollywood Festival, Lille, France
- Octobre 5, 2014, Alternatiba in Lille, France, with Ecollywood festival
- October 3-11, 2014: Ponferrada Film Festival, Spain
- September 22-27, 2014 : Shortvisions Festival, GreenFilm section (with help of Interfilm Berlin), Ningbo, China
- September 17-21, 2014 : Festiver, Festival de Cine Verde de Barichara, Colombia
- Midnight Blue has been selected in "Green Archive" film program with Korean Green Foundation & Green film festival in Seoul. Lots of non-profit public screenings for schools, NGOs, civic groups, and local governments are scheduled
- August 2014: ANFFIS (Animal film festival in Suncheon), South Korea
- August, 2014 : Clorofilla film festival, Rispescia, Italy
- August 1st, 2014 : Festival Alter’Natifs, Cobonne, France
- July 2014: "Temps Fête", Maritime Festival of Douarnenez, France
- June 2014: Festival In the Palace, Balchik, Bulgaria
- May, 2014: Festival Internacional de Cine Medioambiental de Canarias, Spain
- May 31, 2014: San Francisco Green Film Festival, USA
- May 2014: Ecozine film festival, Zaragoza, Spain
- May 2014: Green film festival in Seoul, South Korea
- April 2014: Festival Les Toiles de Mer, Lanton, France :: High schooler award
- April 2014: Festival Rencontres Cinéma nature, Dompierre sur Besbre, France
- March 2014: The Environmental Film Festival in the Nation’s Capital, Washington, USA
- January 2014: festival Des Courts en Hiver, Corsica, Porto-Vecchio :: award for Yound Audience + nomination for the category "Poems seen and heard"
- November 2013: Interfilm Berlin for "Green Screen" competition
- September 2013: Festival "Cinéma en Liberté" in Cuers (France), for outdoor screening under the stars
- September 2013: Matsalu Nature Film Festival in Estonia, extra program
- September 2013: Sand Art Festival "The Touch", Ukraine, 1st price in nomination "Video presentation in sand technique"
- September 2013: Avant première at festival Croq’Anime in Paris
- 2014 :: Midnight Blue :: Washington Environmental Film Festival
- 2013 :: Midnight Blue :: Sand art film, Festival selection